Sunday, December 30, 2007

The Beatles - White Album

I once heard a well known comedian rating all his favorite bands on Letterman and he did not have the Beatles in the top 10. When Letterman asked him about it he said, "they made a lot great songs, but they also made a lot of crap.

I have to agree with that. I am not much of a Beatles fan. But, I don't think you can have a great record collection without The White Album. This is the Beatles most experimental album, they swing from country -- "Rocky Raccoon" -- to I am not sure what, with "Number 9." It also has my favorite Beatles song, "Let's do it in the Road."

You can easily go out and buy one of those Greatest Hits records, but I think you will really miss out on an amazing beginning to end experience if you do not add The White Album to your collection.

No comments: