Monday, July 28, 2008

Bob Dylan - Highway 61 Revisited


How to choose one Bob Dylan record without freaking out all the Bob fans? I am going to leave myself an out and say I might add another one later. First I have to admit I am not the hugest Bob Dylan fan. Like the Beatles, he is revolutionary and he changed the way we listen to music, but he also put out a lot of crap. I love Blonde on Blonde, John Wesley Harding, Nashville Skyline, Blood on the Tracks and Time Out of Mind, but there are a lot of filler songs on all of them. I am going to give the nod to Highway 61 Revisited because it has my favorite Dylan song of all time - "Like a Rolling Stone" - and it has a great rocking sound. I would say Dylan is at his best when he's rocking out, in fact the best Jimi Hendrix songs are all Dylan songs, i.e., "All Along the Watchtower."

No comments: