Thursday, October 18, 2012

Dad's 70th Birthday

My sister has been working on a plan for over a year now to get a plaque on a bench on the Kingsbarns Golf Course to commemorate my Dad's 70th birthday. Yesterday it finally came to fruition. After dozens of e-mails back and forth across the Atlantic, we got the plaque installed.

 

The best news of all was that it was a complete surprise to my Dad. We had just finished playing golf on a near by golf course, when I asked him to swing by the Kingsbarns course to get some merch for a friend. He fell for it. When we got there my Mom was waiting with a bottle of champagne.
 

The young man in the first picture drove us out to the 15th tee and installed it as we popped the cork on champagne. it was a wet and windy day, but it was still a lot of fun.


This course is very special to my Dad as he grew up in Kingsbarns and is a member of the Kingsbarns Golf Club. My Grandfather was also the last person the win the Scottish two ball championship (with my Great Uncle) on the land that is now Kingsbarns Golf Links. It was a nine hole course before WW II, but was never opened again after the war.

No comments: