Sunday, November 30, 2008

The Who - Who's Next/Live from Leeds

Like any male music fan my age, I love The Who. I've seen them in concert a dozen times, I love the movie Quadrophenia, I have the concert video with Keith Moon, but it wasn't until I started writing this that I actually looked at the records I own: Who's Next and Live at Leeds, that's it. For some reason I thought there would be more. Then I looked at their discography, and you know what, these are the only two Who records worth owning.

Most of their biggest hits came from Who's Next, and Live at Leeds captures the band at it's best, live. The rest is like their final concert tour, never ending repeats. So to prove my point, here are the songs you'll find on Who's Next: "Baba O'Riley," "The Song is Over," "Behind Blue Eyes," and "Won't get Fooled Again." Throw in an amazing version of "My Generation" on Live from Leeds, and you have all the Who you'll ever need.

No comments: