Sunday, September 26, 2010

Grocery Shopping

I like grocery shopping. I like to make a list and go down all the aisles checking off the stuff I need. I have gone as far as creating a list of all the things we normally buy and put them in order for easier shopping. It took a couple of trial runs to get things in the right place, but now shopping is pretty easy. Some things are not in the place you might fist suspect. For instance Velveeta is not in the cheese aisle as it is a processed food, so you find it over by the mac and cheese. Another interesting one is sunflower seeds. I thought they would be by the nuts, but they are in the candy aisle. I also wonder why all the organic and "natural" stuff is together in one section versus having it out on the regular aisles. Maybe it's so the greenies can get everything they need and get out without being contaminated by the regular stuff.

The only problem with my list is if the grocery store moves something, then I have to realign my list. I also am kind of committed to the one Fred Meyer on Glisan that I have set up my list for as every store is a little different.

No comments: