Thursday, July 26, 2007

Blue Nile - Hats

If you ever need to set the mood, this is the record. In fact, this record is so good it may even make people who don't like you want to make out with you.

Blue Nile don't make many records, so you have to savor each and every one. This is the best of a small group. Although this record was released in 1989 in the UK, I first heard a single off it on the TV show Twin Peaks the next year. I was so mesmerized I paid full price for it the next day - this was back when I lived in LA and I did not have a full-time job yet, so any record I was able to buy should have come from the second hand shop.

The only thing that could make this record better is if there were more than seven songs.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sometimes this record can even compel people to say yes to a marriage proposal.