Tuesday, July 10, 2007

The Knack - Get the Knack

Not every record can be the coolest, hippest record of all time. Some of these are going to be embarrassing. So I admit, I love this record. I actually wore it out I played it so much when I first got it. I new every word to every song.

Yes, I know this is a cheap rip off of the Beatles, but honestly, I am not a huge Beatles fan, so I have no reverence for them. If you think about it, the Beatles were the ultimate pop band for their time just as the Knack was for theirs. In fact these are the songs the Beatles would have been playing if they were invented in 1979 instead of 1959.

Unfortunately the Knack never grew to be wise old sages like the Beatles and never released anything like The White Album or Abby Road, but for classic pop this is right there with Please, Please Me or Hard Days Night. So, take the ultimate ride back to high school, turn it up loud and admit that you liked some of these songs too.

No comments: