Monday, April 21, 2008

The New Course

The New Course is the course I was most worried about as I remember having a hard time with this course when I was younger. However, the good news for me was that there was a fierce wind blowing off the ocean, so it was impossible to push the ball right on my drives. I was in the middle of the fairway most of the day. Chris however got off to a tough start. He was exploring he gorse on a number of the first holes. We were playing a skins match for a beer a hole and I was up over 10 beers at one time. The wind was not to my advantage on the way in, so I gave back a few beers before it was all over. The New Course is not actually new by US standards. It was been around for a couple of hundred years now. It is a great test of golf and if you are looking for a second course to play in St. Andrews after the Old, I would recommend this one.

After golf, we had a great dinner at the Thai restaurant. They also have sushi on the menu now, but with the exchange rate being so bad, it was too expensive for my blood. Tomorrow is the last day of golf with Chris, we are playing the Balcomie course at Crail.

No comments: