Wednesday, September 16, 2009

The Day Trip

The one day business trip is always an adventure. When you have to get on an airplane to go somewhere you should stay more than a few hours. Preferably, you should get a hotel room and a nice dinner, but in these fast paced, austier days, you have to get in and out as fast as possible. Today we went down to San Francisco for a presentation that went from 11 AM to 6 PM. It was great to see the people we were presenting to in-person, but you also tend to try to pack everything you can into the short time you are together. I was especially disappointed that I didn't get to spend any time in San Francisco. Our client's offices are in the Persidio, which is an old army base, and it is a great area. It also has a great golf course I would have loved to play. As we drove out of the park through Pacific Heights, I marvelled at the amazing architecture; there are so many great, old Victorian houses and churches, as well as a few cool modern buildings thrown in.

The flight back was pretty quick, but the Horizon plane we were on was small, so even though I was in an exit row I didn't have much leg room. All I could think about was how great it was going to be to get home and watch a little Sportscenter before bed. Of course, that was not to be as I had left the lights on in my car and my battery was dead. The good news is PDX has a fast and free jump start service, so I was out of there within 20 minutes. Still a long day.

No comments: