Saturday, May 22, 2010

Red Lobster

Every now and then, usually once a year, we have to satisfy Barbara's need for lobster and crab legs. If you want to eat a lot of both of these, and you don't want to cook them yourself, there is really only one cost effective place to go... Red Lobster. I have to admit that I don't look forward to eating there, but it's never as bad as I remember when you actually get there. They start you off with delicious garlic biscuits, but you have to be careful not to eat too many as the portions are very big. The best app is the crab stuffed mushroom caps. It is laden with cheese and at this point you have probably already eaten the daily recommended calories for a full grown adult.

Now it's lobster time. I went for the Ultimate Feast, which includes a small lobster tail, fried shrimp, shrimp sauteed in garlic butter and snow crab legs. It also comes with a very pedestrian salad and average french fries. I probably should have gone with the baked potato or the grilled vegetables. Barbara got the lobster tail and snow crab legs and was very happy with both. Neither of us had room for desert, but the options looked pretty good.

At the end of the meal, I felt like I didn't really get my money's worth. Red Lobster is pretty expensive and for what we paid, we could have eaten at many better restaurants in town. There was plenty of food, but none of it was very tasty. It was all pretty bland and it was hard to tell the difference between the shrimp, the lobster or the crab. Next time, I think we should try to make our own ultimate feast and see how it turns out.

1 comment:

M+W said...

Mr. Smith is crazy. It was a great meal, and wonderful lobster well worth the bucks. He is a snob, Red Lobster rocks.