Saturday, June 5, 2010

Lost Dogs


Several months ago I was asked to talk on a panel about film marketing. It was a little strange in that everyone else there was making low budget, independent films and all I have worked on is one big budget, Hollywood production. That said, it was still an interesting afternoon. After the panel was over, a producer came up to me and asked for some advice on fund raising for a film she was working on. I had to admit that I didn't know anything about fund raising, but that I'd be happy to help with any marketing as it was about my favorite topic, dogs.

Last night we were invited to a fund raiser to help get the movie finished. It was held at my office and although the turn out was light, the people there seemed very engaged. The film is about homeless and free roaming dogs in Chile and how the government deals with them. In short, they poison them. It is a pretty horrible situation. The director's hope is that the film will raise awareness for homeless dogs and cats around the world. As people become educated to the problem, humane societies spring up, spay and neuter programs get started, and animals start to have happier lives. Who wouldn't want to support that?

If you would like to watch the trailer or find out more info, check out the Lost Dogs website. Be warned it is pretty graphic and a little sad.

No comments: