Sunday, June 13, 2010

My yard is a Nuisance


If you live in Portland you (hopefully) know that you are responsible for the sidewalk in front of or behind your house. That means you have to clear it of snow in the winter, overgrown plants and grass in the summer and you also have to repair any chips or cracks in the sidewalk. Last week we got a notice that the overgrown weeds and trees were causing a nuisance and we had to clear them so the entire sidewalk was accessible up to seven and a half feet.

So I spent the day out there clearing everything and cutting down the low hanging limbs. It was a nice day so I had to stop as all the joggers and walkers went by; I kept apologizing telling them it would be better next time they came by. I got my area looking good, but as I was walking back to the house I saw how bad some of the other neighbors sidewalks looked. Given their lack of interest in their yards, I doubt they will do anything and will probably have to pay a $300 fine.

No comments: