Saturday, July 10, 2010

What is that smell?

For a week I have been driving around with a terrible smell in my car. It got really bad as the temperature got up into the 90's, so sitting in stop and go traffic on the way back from Beaverton last week was no fun. As the smell continued to intensify, I decided to take the car apart until I found the source. My fear was that one of the mice that has been seen in the garage took the bait we put out and burrowed into my car and died. After pulling out and cleaning all the carpets, it became more and more obvious this was what happened. I dug around in every crevice the car has until I got to a tiny space in the very back of the trunk where I couldn't see anything, but the smell was very strong. Thankfully my shop vac did the ugly job of removing a small dead mouse from it's automotive grave. I then hit the space with a bottle of bleach and tried to air it out over the weekend.

No comments: