Saturday, July 31, 2010

Birthday

Today was very productive. I started by cutting the grass and watering all the plants. Then we went to Cost Co and did some shopping. One of the things on my birthday list was a new audio receiver, but they didn't have a very good selection, so we stopped at Best Buy and picked one up there. After that, I took a yoga class with the new mat I got from my brother, then I cam home and undid the yoga class trying to set up the new receiver. In the end it was not too complicated, but I made some stupid mistakes that made the process a lot harder than it should have been. The productivity continued with washing both cars; and cleaning up the garage.


To enjoy the day more I opened my presents one at a time throughout the day, not all at once; this was a good strategy as I usually get depressed once the present opening is over. To round out the evening, we went over to Jenny and Al Campbell's house for the Iron Chef Hot Dog Throwdown. This was a cooking contest with the main ingredient being a hot dog. There were several categories including "Best Use of Secret Ingredient" and "Most Creative," and many amazing things happening with hot dogs, including hot dog infused vodka. We didn't stay to eat as we already had plans to have dinner at the always great Bombay Cricket Club.

No comments: