Sunday, August 8, 2010

My Brother's Crawfish - 2010

We first visited My Brother's Crawfish in July of 2008 when it had just opened. The good news is that it is still going strong and the food is as good as ever. We ordered a side of Chicken and Sausage Gumbo and a side of Crawfish Etoufee with some cornbread to get warmed up, and I had a fried shrimp po'boy as my entree. Everything we got was delicious, all I could have wished for was a larger group of people, so we could have sampled more of the entree choices. A couple of things to remind you of, one, the restaurant is in a crappy strip mall and does not look good from the outside. Two, the food is prepared by Vietnamese folks, not Louisiana natives. Neither of these things should deter, as the staff could not be nicer and apart from putting oregano in the crawfish boil, these guys know what they are doing.

They are open at 11:30 AM for lunch, Saturday, Sunday and Wednesday, otherwise get dinner from 3- 10 PM. Go with a big crowd, order deep on the menu and enjoy a few Abita Amber beers.

My Brother's Crawfish
8220 SE Harrison St
Portland, OR 97216
(503) 774-3786

No comments: