Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Alberta Street Oyster Bar and Grill

New restaurant night moved to Tuesday this week as we knew we'd be meeting our friends Jenny and Al Campbell for dinner at a new restaurant, the Alberta Street oyster bar and grill. This area of town has been transforming over the last few years and is now home to many great restaurants and art galleries. They even have their own answer to the Pearl District's First Thursday (the first thursday of the month all the galleries stay open late) called last Thursday - there's more street art and a little more funky vibe than the posh Pearl affair.

Back to the review. The restaurant was more upscale than I expected from the name. Most of the oyster bars I have been to in New Orleans are a little grungy. The waitress was very nice and quite attentive. I ordered the steak special which I have to say was very good. Everyone else loaded up on appetizers. The fois gois was excellent as was the tuna tar tar. I enjoyed my arugula salad and the beet salad was also very nice. The only disapointment was the sea bass, which tasted a little fishy. For dersert we tried the apple tart and the highly touted s'more and I think we all agreed that the apple desert far outpaced it's camp fire friend. And just in case you think I forgot, yes we did try the oysters and they were great.

Alberta Street oyster bar and grill
2926 NE Alberta StPortland, OR97211
(503) 284-9600


Hours:
Sun-Mon, Wed-Thu 4:30pm-10pm
Fri-Sat 4:30pm-11pm


Citysearch review

No comments: