Friday, March 28, 2008

The Wolfgang Press - Queer

Is there any 4AD band I won't put on this list? Probably not. In fact, if you love music just go to http://www.4ad.com/ right now and buy anything in their catalog and chances are you will be happy. Of course the 80's were the best of times for 4AD and The Wolfgang Press. I saw them live at the Whisky a Go Go in Hollywood which has not seen a band so cool since The Doors played there in the 60's. I saw them a few years later in Portland, this was close to the end of their run, but they were still pretty great.

A lot of critics called Queer their "dance" record. I would agree with that assesment, this is a more funky and dancable beat than any previous record. One of my all time favorite singles is their cover of Randy Newman's 'Mama Told Me Not to Come'. More $AD to come.

No comments: