Friday, April 2, 2010

Slaughterhouse-Five by Kurt Vonnegut

Kurt Vonnegut is one of the best American writers to ever live and Slaughterhouse-Five, or The Children's Crusade: A Duty-Dance with Death is his most popular book; have I started a post like this before, because this sounds familiar. I have read almost everything Vonnegut has written and there are books I love equally, but you have to read Slaughterhouse-Five because it is a great book and you should have read it in high school. That is where I read it, freshman English with Ms. de la Garza. I was a little surprised that they made us read such a weird book, and I am not sure I altogether got it, but I got it well enough to write a half ass report that got me a B. I re-read the book after college and while it was still weird, it made a lot more sense.

This is an American classic, add it to your reading list now. You have a reading list, right?

No comments: