Sunday, April 25, 2010

Travelling Home

Usually traveling home is where things go wrong. You are ready to get back to your familiar environment and the flight is delayed or something else happens to drive you crazy. Today, we got all the way home before the bad travel incident hit. Up until we got to the cab stand, our trip was great. All the flights were on time, we packed a little lunch, the movie sucked, but I had a great book and the bags were waiting for us when we got to the baggage pick up.

Then it happened. We got in the cab and the driver obviously had no idea where our house was, so I gave him some quick directions. He obviously did not like the way I choose as he started screaming at me that we should go on the freeway and that I was wasting his time to save $2. I told him to shut the hell up and drive us the way I said. At this point he tried to back the cab up and get rid of us at the cab stand, but he was already through the gate. I thought he was going to have an aneurysm, but then he started to drive my route.

As we went down 82nd street there was a guy talking on a pay phone trying to wave down the cab. Our driver started talking to him and the guy was about to in the cab when we said no way. The idiot was going to pick up another fare, the scariest part was the guy was obviously a drug dealer. Who else uses a pay phone on 82nd street at 12:30 in the morning?

When we finally got home, I was afraid he would try to keep our bags or something, but thankfully we got rid him without further incident. Bottom line, never take a Rose City Cab.

No comments: