Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Fire on the Mountain

I was driving down Burnside on the way home last night and saw a sign for Fire on the Mountain (they have opened a second location). I've heard from several people that the wings there are great, so I stopped and got an order to go. In short the wings were great. The biggest issue is picking a sauce. They have many to choose from: Mild, Medium, Hot, X-Hot, El-Jefe (crazy hot), Bourbon Chipoltle, Raspberry Habanero, Sweet BBQ, Jamaican Jerk, Spicy Peanut and two flavors of the month. Since this was my first ride, I tried Medium which had a little after bite and was pleasant. I will step up to Hot next time or maybe do half Hot, half Spicy Peanut. I also over ordered, which was not an issue as the wings heat up well and taste just as good the second day and the prices seem really reasonable for the amount of food you get. If for some reason you don't feel like eating wings, they have sandwiches and other stuff, but let's be clear -- you come here for the wings.

Fire on the Mountain
4225 N Interstate Ave
17th @ Burnside Ave
503.280.WINGS (9464)

http://www.portlandwings.com/

No comments: