Friday, January 11, 2008

Quik Chek


Quik Chek is a small package store in Metairie, Louisiana that only sells the following products: beer, soft drinks, chips, cigarettes, lottery tickets and most importantly really good po'boys. In fact some of the best po'boys I have ever tasted.

What you are looking at here is a fully dressed roast beef po'boy with extra pickles. It is accompanied by some Doritos, which makes me very sad. I don't know if Zap's chips went out of business, but they didn't have any at the QC.
In the background you see another New Orleans original, Barq's root beer -- I woosed out and got a diet. There are many different kinds of po'boys, I recommend the shrimp and oyster po'boys. They also have some good sides as well as a decent gumbo. Don't let the grungy appearance worry you. This place is awesome.

Quik Chek
2018 Clearview Pkwy,
Metairie, LA
(504) 456-6362

No comments: