Monday, September 1, 2008

The Human Race

About 30 or so people showed up on Sunday morning to participate in the W+K version of the Human Race. If you haven't heard of it, the idea was to get 1 million people around the world to participate in a 10K run on the same day. There were 26 official race sites, including New York, Austin, Chicago, Los Angeles and Portland in the US. The hope was to spur some competition between countries to see who could register the most runners, have the fastest time, etc. Looks like Portland won the US with an average of 58:33, but Vancouver B.C. edged us out for the North America overall win. I am sure the Portland times were lowered by all the fast people at Nike who hosted a race on campus. It looks like London was the fastest of all the host cities. I should move to Austin or Istanbul, whose average times were closer to my finishing time of 1:28:07, not very impressive. I haven't seen all our times, but at least I was not in last place, I beat Dan Wieden by 1:30! Even though I didn't set any records, it was fun to get out there and get running again.

No comments: