Friday, March 6, 2009

The Jesus and Mary Chain - Barbed Wire Kisses

JAMC are hated by many. I understand that. If I paid good money for a concert and the band showed up and played for five minutes with their back turned to the crowd and left I would hate them too. Luckily I had heard about this before they came to Houston, so we were prepared for the worst, which ended up being 30 minutes of noise that was hard to decipher as any of the songs on the record. Which gets me to the point, they made great records. I chose Barbed Wire Kisses (a 1998 collection of B sides and outtakes), because "Sidewalking" is one of my all time favorite songs and you can't find it on any other record, but Automatic and Psycho Candy are great too. Be warned JAMC is not for everyone, but if you want to hear how controlled feedback spawned bands like My Bloody Valentine and Dinosaur Jr. then check these guys out.

No comments: