Monday, June 29, 2009

Reading on the Bus

When I was a kid I could never read in the car or on the bus ride to school, which did not bode well if you forgot you had a book report due. I would always get car sick whenever I tried. So, I am constantly surprised to see people reading on the bus on the way to work. What if they get sick in front of everyone and throw up in the bus? Maybe as you get older car sickness subsides, because I have yet to see anyone puke on the bus (from reading). In fact this morning the bus was pretty full and almost everyone had a book or a newspaper they were reading (the earlier buses tend to have more people that look like they can read). I have even started to dip my toe in the water. I started with reading my overnight e-mail and have now graduated to reading the New York Times on my iPhone. So far I feel pretty good.

No comments: