Tuesday, August 11, 2009

The Incredible Hulk (2008)

Bruce Banner (Edward Norton) is a scientist working to find a way to use gamma radiation to increase healing time in soldiers. His love interest Betty Ross (Liv Tyler) is also a scientist involved in the project, and her father, General Thaddeus "Thunderbolt" Ross (William Hurt), oversees the project. Upon subjecting himself to a gamma test, Banner transforms into a green-skinned, superhumanly powerful creature. He destroys the lab, injures Betty and Ross and escapes. Unfortunately the monster thing sticks with him and he blows up every time his heart rate goes over 200 bps. Needless to say this makes a normal life a little difficult, and the "Hulk" is pursued around the Americas as a dangerous fugitive as Banner tries to find a cure.

I know this movie has been out for a while, and generally I don't like to use this space to dis stuff, but this is possibly the worst movie I have seen in the 2000's. I got suckered in because Iron Man was not as bad as I thought it would be and the cast in this movie was so amazing. So, this just proves my theory that actors will do anything and they have no barometer for what is good. My god this is the guy from Kiss Of The Spider Woman, playing the hokiest army general there has ever been, and Ed Norton, who is now officially off the "I will watch any movie you are in list." Liv you are forgiven, but I the bar was lower for you, you can do better.

No comments: