Monday, August 24, 2009

PGA Tour iPhone App

At first I was not sure why the PGA Tour was launching an app when they already have a good mobile site. Now that I have downloaded the app, I am even more unsure. Don't get me wrong, it is a good app, but was far as I can see it does not do anything that the web site doesn't, but it is a little faster. I know this is an initial launch for the 2009 FedEx cup and they will be adding a lot more features for 2010, but so far it is pretty bare bones. You get scoreboard and stats , a run down on all the players, some videos and news updates. It is elegantly designed and very easy to navigate. I look forward to checking out the live tournament feed when the FedEx Cup starts next week. Also, the app has one sponsor, you guessed it - Nike Golf.

To make this work, we had to develop our first mobile web site. If you go to Nike Golf right now on your iPhone you will get nothing, but check back tomorrow and you will see a pretty deep site that offers product and player info, videos and breaking news. I think our team did a really good job given the tight deadline. We are also the first golf company to have a mobile site.

No comments: