Monday, January 4, 2010

Back to Work

Everything that could wait until next year was still waiting for me when I got back to work. Somehow I thought it might all get done by the worker elves over the holiday. You can tell all the people that have kids, they were happy to get back to work; a little too much family time. While I would rather have another week off, I am glad to get back to my routine. It was nice to go for a run when I woke up, despite the fact that it is still dark at 7:00 a.m. Watching the sun raise was cool. Seeing the regulars and new crazy person on the bus was also reassuring. The Portland streets were pretty empty and tame compared to the French Quarter. People were walking around with coffee cups as opposed to huge ass beers and hurricanes.

Work is going to be super busy for the next couple of months. We need to start planning a vacation.

No comments: