Sunday, January 3, 2010

Home again, home again, gigitty gig

No upgrade on the way home this time. I did get an exit row seat, but it was negated by the fact that the guy next to me did not fit in his seat and spilled over into mine. He was a nice guy and tried his best to make himself small, but when he fell asleep he spread out a lot. Luckily I had downloaded several podcasts to keep myself amused. This American Life, Fresh Air and my new favorite, Planet Money; good listening.

It is always great to get back to Portland. Unfortunately it was dark as we flew in, so I did not get my dose of the Columbia River Gorge. I love the Portland Airport, but the one major flaw is the baggage claim. It always seems like it takes forever to get your bags. Our tourism client has a great new information booth in the baggage claim, so at least there is something to look at now as you wait.

I am one of those people who has to unpack right away and get reacquainted with the house by puttering around, reading the mail, etc. Luckily the house was very tidy and the dogs were super happy to see us. Last time we went on vacation, I am sure Finlay forgot who were are. I turned on the TV just in time to see that the Jets were winning big, so that means the Texans are out of the playoffs. Other than that, it was a good day.

No comments: