Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Duncan and Colin's Birthday

Today is my nephew Duncan's birthday and last Sunday was his younger brother Colin's birthday. I used to feel sorry for them that their birthday was so close to Christmas, but now I think it's kind of fun. They get to shop the post Christmas sales and get whatever they wanted, but didn't get for Christmas. They can also spend any cash or gift cards they got for Christmas. I have to admit it is a little hard to shop for them as you have just put all your effort into Christmas and they have everything already. This year I went over to Academy Sporting goods and picked up a couple of UT hats and a little gadget that helps you mark your golf ball (I always get them the same thing, so they don't fight). When Colin opened his gift he said, "oh great, I got a pen." He didn't realize that it also had a plastic ring that outlines the alphabet and some basic shapes you can put on a golf ball. When I showed him how it worked, he liked it more.

Unfortunately for Duncan, he now knows what he is getting.

No comments: