Sunday, March 28, 2010

Basketball Round Up


The highlight of this week's basketball tournament was my sister Fiona, and her two boys, Duncan and Colin, sitting at half court for both Baylor games, so I got to see them on TV every time the teams ran the court. At one point I sent her a text and they all waved to us in Portland. I took a picture of them off the TV and posted it above.

The rest of the news was not as good, sadly, as Baylor lost to Duke in an exciting Elite Eight game on Sunday. This was the first time Baylor has been to the Elite Eight since the 1940's, back when there were only eight teams in the NCAA Tournament. It was a disappointment as I felt Duke got some favorable calls that helped them win the game, but still a great season for the Bears building on their NIT runner-up experience last year.

The most exciting game of the weekend was Xavier vs. Kansas State. It went to two overtimes with long, buzzer-beating three point shots tying up the game in regulation and in the first overtime. K-State went on to win, then was involved in the strangest game of the weekend. West Virgina missed all their two point shots in the first half, but made 10 three pointers to keep the game close. W Va got hot in the second half and put away a tired looking K-State team.

So, we have only one number one seed left, the hated Dukies. I am not sure I like W Va, Butler or Michigan State any better, so as far as I am concerned I am not pulling for anyone to win, only for Duke to loose.

No comments: