Monday, March 1, 2010

Harry Carays Italian Steakhouse

I was in Chicago for a new business pitch and unfortunately we couldn't get downtown for a meal, so we had to look for something around the airport. Our driver recommended Harry Caray's Italian Steakhouse, in the Holiday Inn lobby. The restaurant is named for the late Hall of Fame baseball announcer, you know him as the "take me out to the ballgame..." guy. I have to say I was pretty worried when we pulled up to the Holiday Inn, but Harry Caray's was great. It's a great looking sports bar with good food. They have several beers on tap and you get home made potato chips when you roll in. There are lots of TVs to watch the games and the waiters are very friendly.

The menu is full of heavy Italian dishes. We had a large group and tried everything from the steaks to the pork chops to the salads to the best Chick Vesuvio in town, which I will say was pretty good. I am not sure what made it vesuvio, maybe it's the white wine sauce. They also had a great wedge salad with plenty of blue cheese dressing.

Over all I would have to say this was a very pleasant surprise. If you are stuck out in North Chicago or by the airport there are a lot of worse choices.

5700 South Cicero Avenue
Chicago, IL 60638
(773) 948-6300

No comments: