Sunday, February 7, 2010

Super win for Saints

I think this is the first time in my life that I have really cared who wins the the Super Bowl. It has been fun watching the Saints all year, and with Barbara and her family being such big fans, we got our Fleur dis Lis on, and pulled for New Orleans. Not just the football team, but the entire city. As much as I wanted the Saints to win, I was worried about Payton Manning and the Colts. First time Super Bowl teams are 4-15 against teams that have been there before. When the Saints went down 10-0, and they flashed the statistic that winning after being down 10 points would equal the largest Super Bowl comeback in history, I was even more worried.

That worry was for naught as the Saints battled back and took the lead. Then they did what has made them great all season, they picked off Manning and ran it back for a TD. At that point I felt pretty good about the outcome, but it was still an exciting finish. As the Colts were driving with two minutes left, you could see a patented Manning moment coming. Thankfully the Saints held strong and the Bourbon Street camera showed the French Quarter exploding.

Boy I wish I was in New Orleans tonight, it is going to be a great party. Mardi Gras is still a few days away, but I think things are going to get started early.

No comments: