Sunday, June 24, 2007

Podnah's Pit BBQ

Sunday new restaurant night is back.

I heard from some Texans that this new place Podnah's Pit BBQ was authentic and I have to say I agree. I had the brisket with potato salad and creamy slaw as my sides and left full and satisfied. They also have pulled pork, pork ribs, lamb ribs, chicken and on Friday and Saturday nights they do prime rib. The pinto beans and collard greens are great too. But we all know anyone can smoke up some meat, so the question is how is the sauce? The answer is tangy and tasty. It is so good, you'll want to get some bread to sop up the extra.

They would do well to get some more mainstream beer's or better yet, some Shiner Bock. But that is not too big a deal. There was also not much choice when it came to desert, but when you have good pecan pie, you really don't need much else.

1469 NE Prescott St
Portland, OR 97211
(503) 281-3700

Open for lunch and dinner

http://podnahspit.com/

No comments: