Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Jesse rocks Founders Day

Wieden+Kennedy was founded on April Fool's day 27 years ago. So, every year on April 1st, we close down for the afternoon and have an employee only party. This year we brought back the talent show. There were some great performances and some not so great. My man, Jesse Johnson took sixth place with his awesome rendition of "I'm a player" that brought the house down. I think he deserved better, but he won a $20 gift certificate for Burgerville. A girl I had never met before did an amazing version of the dance scene from Little Miss Sunshine, one of the funniest things I have ever seen. After the show, the party moved over to a night club on the east side with a live band and DJ. I cut out early, but I heard the band wasn't too good so most people retreated to the basement for karaoke. The highlight of the basement was watching one guy trying to cook hamburgers for 250 people.

No comments: