Friday, April 3, 2009

Rolling Stones - Some Girls

I know I have tried to steer clear of the obvious records, but every now and then you just have to admit that the biggest bands in the world got there because they made some good records. And we all know there is no band bigger than The Rolling Stones. So which record to choose, Beggars Banquet, Sticky Fingers? I am going to go with Some Girls. I hate to say this, but this is the last good record the Stones made and it is still my favorite. I remember buying this record and playing it over and over. Then one day I was in the record store and there was there was a strange new cover on Some Girls that said, "this record is under construction." Turns out they were getting sued for a crude sexual reference they made about African American girls. So of course I had to buy that version too.

Apart from the great title track this record also include "Beast of Burden," "When the Whip Comes Down," "Just My Imagination (Running Away With Me)" and the strange countyeske "Far Away Eyes." Song for song, I would put this up against any Stones record.

No comments: