Tuesday, April 7, 2009

One Shinning Moment


If you are at all familiar with the NCAA men's basketball championship, you know that they have a footage montage at the end of the final game set to the sappy song, "One Shinning Moment." It features all the best plays and buzzer beating shots of the tournament as well as the winning team cutting down the nets. I have never thought it was worth waiting through all the commercials to watch, but it is funny to think that some poor guy is trying to put the finishing touches on this thing in about 15 minutes. I suppose if Baylor or UT ever wins the tournament I will feel some real love and sing along. This year UT went out in the second round and despite a great run Baylor didn't even make the tourney, although they did make it to the championship round of the NIT. So despite the teams close to my heart not doing well, I did have a shinning moment this year. I won the office pool! I know I said I was out of it last week, but it turns out I was wrong. Michigan State getting to the final knocked enough people out that I was back on top if UNC beat them and they did handily. In fact it was a cake walk for UNC the entire way. They only trailed for a few minutes in any one game and they won all of them by double digits. I ended up winning 50 out of a possible 63 games in all my brackets. I also ended up in the top 3% of the brackets on ESPN's Tournament Challenge, number 142,643 out of 5 million. Now the hard part, I have to actually collect the money.

No comments: