Saturday, February 21, 2009

Bob Schneider - Songs Sung and Played at the Same Time

I have only seen Bob Schneider live once and it was a solo show. My brother is a big fan and he got us tickets for the show when we were home for Christmas a few years ago. I really hadn't heard much of his music before, and what I had heard was with his full band. The concert was excellent. Schneider is a great storyteller, and is very funny. His songs are a great mix of dark ballads and hilarious ditties, that sound like he is making them up on the spot. What I can't figure out is how autobiographical the songs are; he's lived a pretty rough life if they are all about things he has really lived through. Songs Sung and Played at the Same Time is the CD he was selling after the show that basicaly had the entire set of songs he had just played on it. It contains 35 songs and I have not been able to find the same line up anywhere on the net, so if you can't find it I would recommend Lonelyland. One of my all time favorite songs is "2002" if anyone has ever had a worse year they should write a song about it.

No comments: