Sunday, February 15, 2009

Navarre Resturant

Usually having dinner with a group of friends allows me the freedom to enjoy a resturant more than just going with Barbara; the pressure of choosing a bad place is off your sholders. Unfortunatley that was not the case with Navarre. I liked the look of the place and the wait staff were very nice, but the food was not great. I can say the wine was excellent thanks to one of the party being a huge wine conissoure. The service was also attentive without being pushy. Another thing that sounded great was the choice to let them choose the menu. They serve small family style mediteranian dishes, almost like tapas. Again this would have been great but nothing really jumped off the plate for me. As we left we said this is probably not a place we'd come back to, however I just got a $100 gift certificate to Navarre so we'll give them a second chance.

Navarre
10 NE 28th street, #503

Portland, OR 97232

No comments: