Thursday, October 15, 2009

Arrived in Scotland

I arrived in Scotland this morning at 8 a.m and waited a couple of hours at the airport for my parents to arrive. While I was waiting, I got my first traditional Scottish breakfast of bacon, eggs, sausage, beans, tomato, mushrooms and hash browns. It was very good, and I don't have to qualify that by saying, for an airport restaurant.

Once my parents got here we drove into St. Andrews and stopped along the way for a light lunch. After unpacking, the first thing I did was head out to the New Course to get in some golf. I played by myself and shot a 92. I missed a lot of easy putts, so breaking 90 was a possibility. Golf is the best thing you can do to stay awake, as you need to keep yourself up until at least 10 p.m. to make it through the time change.

For dinner we tried a Indian restaurant called Maisha that specializes in seafood. They have a great little space on one of the side streets in the heart of town. They have been there for a while, but this is the first time we have tried them as we usually get Indian food at one of my favorite restaurants, the Balaka. Over all the food was good. We got shrimp, crab and salmon dishes that were all spicy and flavorful. My one criticism is there was more sauce than seafood in all the dishes. The atmosphere was nice and it was not too expensive, but it will not change my Indian food allegiance.

Maisha
5 College Street
St Andrews, Scotland
01334-476666

No comments: