Thursday, October 22, 2009

Dad's Birthday

I managed to sneak out a bottle of single malt whiskey from the Edradour tour for my dad's birthday. We also played Kingsbarns Links and had a nice dinner. It was a very slow round, over five hours, as there were several foursomes of tourists in front of us. We actually played better with the slow down. I had two bad holes at the turn, but otherwise I played well. I missed a ten foot put on the last for a 90. Dad had a good tune up for his tournament on Sunday. On the way back to St. Andrews, we stopped at the Barnes, which used to be a great old pub, but has gone down hill a little lately.

We had dad's birthday dinner at a one of the best restaurants in the area, the Grange. They always have several great Scottish inspired selections on the menu. I had the Aberdeen Angus sirloin steak, which was fabulous. The salmon and the duck were also very nice. The guys who were playing in front of us on the golf course were also at the restaurant which is a mixed blessing; it's great that they are getting the business, but I am sad the tourists have found out about it.

No comments: