Thursday, October 1, 2009

Zipcar iPhone App

Zipcar is a great service here in Portland that allows you to rent to a car by the hour. There are cars parked on the street and in lots all around town, so it is easy to get a car. I ride the bus to work every day, so I often grab a Zipcar to head out to my clients offices during the day. I have been looking forward to this app coming out as they have been teasing it on the site for a while. I downloaded it and used it for the first time yesterday. I did not reserve a car on the iPhone, but the reservation was there as soon as I added it on my computer. I was disappointed that you still have to use your plastic card to initiate the reservation, but you can use the iPhone to open and lock the door. It doesn't really make sense unless you keep the app open while you are away from the car, it is much faster to use the plastic card, so that was a let down. One thing that I really did like was that you can extend or cancel a reservation on the iPhone. I can see this being a big help if you are out somewhere and you need a car fast.

No comments: