Monday, October 19, 2009

Castle Course

I have said this before and I will say it again, the Castle Course is the hardest course I have played in Scotland. We had a early local time today, so we there was no one in front of us, which was nice. If we had been any later we would have been in trouble as we finished about six holes ahead of the next game. The Links Trust have made some modifications to the course to make it easier, but the greens are still very difficult (and the pin placements today were especially hard). There is absolutely no room for error. I played several good shots that would have left me with realistic birdy puts on an other course, but today they hit a ridge or didn't make it up a mound and I ended up off the green. I will admit that my short game was not great today, and on the Castle you are punished unmercifully. I think if I played the course several more times, I would begin to get the lines, but it still demands precision play.

The course will be closing at the end of the month, to let it mature over the winter. It will be interesting to come back in the summer to see how it as progressed and what other updates they have made. Still a highly recommend course if you are a better player.

No comments: