Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Bus is Full Again

You can tell winter is here as all the people that walked or rode their bike to work over the summer are starting to cram back on the bus, to avoid the rain. The half empty bus rides of the summer are over. Today the bus was full several stops before we got to the downtown, so I am sure the later buses will be passing lots of people up.

You also get to experience a lot more coughing and sneezing on the bus this time of year. If I catch the swine flu, I am sure it is going to be from a bus person. There are some pretty sick looking people and none of them were covering up when they sneezed. In fact it seems to be a competition to see how far you across the bus you can spray your spittle. As a first line defense, I like to keep my full rain gear on for the ride to stay dry. I am also thinking of investing in some of those surgical masks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

well buddy, if I were you I'd wear a mask on the bus. I'm serious. we were told at work you can tell when someone has the flu and they're riding the bus!