Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Balcomie Links

I have written about the Balcomie Links at Crail several times and also gave a short history last week when we played the Craighead course, so it is no secret that this is one of may favorite courses. At 5861 yards from the medal tees, a lot of people dismiss this course as short and easy. If the wind is up, it can be one of the most challenging courses around. The last time I played it, my brother and I could barely stand upright as we walked into the wind. We also had to lay our bags down flat so they wouldn't blow over in our backswings. Today was a little less intense. There was a fresh wind, but mild by Crail standards. I shot an 80, which is a new personal best for me. Barbara also played well, on the course where she got her first birdy a few years back.

Later that evening, we enjoyed dinner at our favorite Indian restaurant, the Balaka. I am happy to say the food was great, and I am still happy to recommend it as one of the better restaurant choices in town.

No comments: