Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Old Course Finale and dinner at the Glass House

Wednesday was our last round of the summer on the Old Course. I was really hoping to break 90, as I had been playing well all week. Unfortunately it was not to be. It was a day the golf gods were against me. A couple of great drives down the middle, took bad bounces and ended up in a bunker. A perfect put hit a pebble and veered left staying out of the hole. Then came another disaster on 17. I thought I put my first drive out of bounds, so I hit a second, which also went OB. Frustrated I walked up and found my first drive in the fairway. I then hit my second shot over the wall (behind the green) OB. At least I played 18 well and closed on a good note.

We had our last dinner out at the Glass House restaurant. It is the most upscale of three restaurants owned by the same people: the Dolls House, which serves fresh fish and modern Scottish fare, and the Grill House, which used to be Mexican, but they have expanded the menu lately. The Glass House has pizza and pasta dishes on the regular menu, and add more upscale dishes, like steak, sea bass and duck on the specials board. I stuck with the pasta, which was great, but Barbara was more adventuresome and enjoyed a great sirloin steak. The prices are very reasonable at the Glass House, and the service is usually good (we had a young waiter who was obviously brand new).

No comments: