Monday, July 20, 2009

Barbara's First Round on the Old Course


Barbara and my sister Fiona both played their first rounds on the Old Course today. I think they were a little nervous about it, but they did well despite the strong winds, which were gusting around 30 mph. I was not a very good example as I hit my second shot out-of-bounds onto the putting green on the first hole and it didn't get much better after that. Fiona got to experience the shell bunker, one of the two giant bunkers on the course, the other is called the hell bunker. They actually should both be called hell, as they are almost impossible to get out of moving forward. I found a half dozen bunkers myself and all of the fairway bunkers served as a one shot penalty as I was barely able to progress the ball. The good news is we all hit fairly decent drives off the first tee and did not embarrass ourselves in front of the large crowd that was watching on the 18th green.

No comments: