Friday, July 3, 2009

Michael Jackson - Thriller

OK, given the circumstances, I think I have to admit that I am a Michael Jackson fan.  I loved the Jackson 5... "ABC, simple as 123" how could you not love little Mike out there dancing and singing up a storm.  Then came Off the Wall, an amazing record with half a dozen great singles.  It was such a huge hit, I think everyone I knew had that record.  And then just when you didn't think he could get any bigger, we got Thriller.  Nine songs of which, six were top ten hits: PYT, Thriller, I Wanna be Starting Something, Billie Jean, Beat It, and The Girl is Mine.  When I was in college, everyone in our dorm gathered around the TV to see the world premier of the Thriller video.  It was amazing, still got to be one of the greatest videos of all time.  So, MJ, thanks for all the great music, you were one weird, but hugely talented guy.

No comments: