Friday, July 24, 2009

Old Course and The Vine Leaf

The day started out rainy with an 8 AM tee time on the Old Course. I played with my brother, my Dad and one of his friends, Morris. I was playing pretty well until I put my drive out of bounds on 16 and 17, which lead to a 92. I am still yet to break 90 on the Old Course this trip. The good news is my brother and I won the match on the 18th. Stephen's second shot hit the pin and fell to within seven feet, but unfortunately he missed the put. However, we only needed the half to close them out.

Friday night we had dinner at a great local restaurant called the Vine Leaf. The owner is a friend of my Dad's and the food is always great. I was disappointed to see that they did not have haggis on the menu this time, but the Terrine of Wild Game and the steak were excellent. The Vine Leaf has a large menu, with several great vegetarian dishes, great local fare and an extensive wine list. I always look forward to eating here as the atmosphere and service is as good as the food.

No comments: